Sunday 16 March 2014

Asian Clean-Eating 101.

As I have mentioned earlier on, it is all about balancing out the two factors of having a healthy lifestyle; (a). Clean-Eating and (b). Daily Exercising

Before we start, I would like you to read this great article first, Clean Eating :: Getting Started.

Now that you have got the basic ideas, it's time to get rid of all the processed food in your kitchen! You can either donate them away or just stash it in your cupboard and lock it away. 

Time to say bye-bye to 'em!



Once you have done so, head over to your new Clean Grocery List by Blogilates!



Clean-eating is simple, and never about depriving yourself of certain food groups. Unlike Atkins diet, all food groups are equally important. Try to get the basic idea from the Clean-Eating Pyramid, it's basically about eating natural food. I can't emphasise enough on the word, NATURAL

*If you managed to stay true to this point, I applaud you. However, if you've mentioned, "Life is short, and you only live once", I would reckon that you can either don't bother giving it a try, or well at least give it a shot! (lol, talk about irony) 

Again, it's not an easy choice to begin with, a little goes a long way, so start with baby steps. The next time you want to snack on potato chips, think twice, and go for healthier option like fruits or nuts (in moderation). Let your body takes time to change slowly, not drastically. Let me tell you this, once you have the mindset of wanting to be healthier, your body would unlikely crave for processed food. It may takes time and effort, but at the same time, it trains your self-discipline, and motivate you even further. 

The start of my eating-clean journey wasn't an easy one, there were many times I have fallen into temptations. But I prove myself to be even stronger by not giving up easily and continuing the journey instead. And I can proudly say that it has been 1 year and counting since I last touched any fast food, that's simply because my body doesn't crave for it. 

Ok, guess the basic is starting to bore you, I would share bits and pieces as we go along. I am pretty excited to share some healthy clean-eating recipes with you on my next posts. 

Stay tune for it guys! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment