Thursday 20 March 2014

Eat-Clean Recipe In A Minute :: Chunky Monkey Overnight Oatmeal In A Jar (OIAJ)

Hey guys!

Now that there are two recipes up on this blog, have you given a shot on those healthy recipes? I hope you did! 

Oatmeal, who doesn't love oatmeal? I know I do! If you haven't noticed, most of my recipes use oat flour or rolled oats, in fact I would try to use it whenever possible and basically put all other flours such as whole wheat flour, or spelt flour aside. 

For today's post, it would be Recipe In A Minute again because I realised something about the people in Singapore. Whenever I am out in the morning, no matter if it is weekday or weekend, Singaporeans (or everyone on the street) would always be in a rush. So, I decided to share more recipes that are easy to prepare (in fact, most of my recipes are quick and simple)!

If you are one of those people who seems to be running out of time in the morning and always failed to have breakfast before leaving the house, then I suggest you give this recipe a try. It requires no baking, really, all you need is a jar, a few ingredients, a fridge and do some harlem shake with the jar (nah no, harlem shake is so last year!! lol). 



 

This got to be my most favorite Overnight OIAJ, Chunky Monkey. Nothing can go wrong with some nut butter, chocolate, and bananas!

Recipe:
Ingredients 
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup Soy/ Almond/ Skimmed milk
  • 1/4 cup low-fat Greek Yogurt
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon honey (to taste)
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 tsp Natural Unsweetened Almond Butter/ Peanut Butter
  • Optional: 1 tsp Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions: 
  1. In a jar (or a lunchbox), add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, honey, and nut butter.
  2. Put lid on jar and harlem shake until well combined. 
  3. Remove lid, add bananas, and chocolate chips and stir until mixed throughout. 
  4. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled. 
How much simpler can it get! I always make this whenever I crave for some pudding or maybe, ice-cream (chances are I would go get myself a scoop 'cos I am seriously a sucker for ice-cream, only ice-cream! :-p). I reckon you give this a try, and add in whatever toppings you want to be inside your OIAJ. I will post more OIAJ recipes with different combinations of toppings, hopefully you can also come out with your own unique combooo!

As mentioned earlier on my latest Instagram post, I'm pretty sure that most of you skip breakfast just because you've no time. While some may argue that the importance of breakfast is a myth, I think otherwise. When you skip breakfast, you tend to be hungry before lunch hour, and guess what, you will start to eat more than you should for lunch! And that's bad, so always prepare easy breakfast to avoid over-eating.

Shake your laziness away, and stay healthy! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment